Monday, February 9, 2009

The importance of your voice

In all my past posts, I've told you how about some of the issues I have with our classroom. But I'm not the only voice in our class. It's your turn.

Today, we started our 100th day report to tell what we think of school. It's your choice, Purples. Will you do another one of those thank-you letters where you tell polite lies? I hope not! Be honest! Really, do! Don't be afraid to say what you think about our class. Say what you think is good -- but don't be afraid to say what you have a problem with, whatever it is. If our teachers never know what's wrong around here, we have no one but ourselves to blame.

For example, I'm going to write about what I wrote about in my first post: pigmented paper and the problems it perpetuates, until our teachers can just give anyone a punishment for anything. And we will have no freedom.

I sincerely hope that you will take my advice and speak your mind. But a word of caution: Our teachers won't listen to us if what we say just sounds like a bunch of insults thrown at them. So let's phrase our words in a way that they'll understand. That is to say -- be honest, but not rude!

7 comments:

  1. Already done. I confessed more of my academic irritations-such as reviewing math concepts I learned four years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check! that's done, and i hate reviewing old math. It stinks, it really does. but I've learned to live with it 'cause I've been reviewing fractions since first grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i prefer to be super mean and talk behind peter's back...... just being nice won't work

    P.S. i realy hope peter doesn't find this blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter has better things to do... He's an adult...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya, but he does check his email a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you no that? (purple person) and also... are we keeping identaties secret on this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. HELLO??? ARE WE KEEPING IDENTITIES SECRET OR NOT???

    ReplyDelete